Thursday, April 9, 2015

Destroyer Tank Hunter


More tanks that I found in storage that needed to be completed. I have been a huge fan of the Destroyer Tank Hunter when Forge World first came out with them almost fifteen years ago. I bought one originally, and that was sold with the rest of my Mordians to a friend of mine. I then bought another one along with a Thunderer siege tank. Another few have been collected via eBay and are yet to be put into production.




The paint scheme is a pre-digital camo used by the British Berlin Brigade back in the 80s. Surprisingly it is very effective when it comes to urban terrain. It's probably why most militaries have adapted the current digital style to their modern battle dress uniforms. This is not a one-to-one recreation of the British scheme as the vehicle shapes are too dissimilar. I tried to carry over as much of the scheme as I could. 

The pattern itself required several steps of painting/taping/repeating. I didn't even try any color modulation. Just went right into weathering. I did keep the colors in line with my Skull Takers though, dark grey, Dryad Bark, and white.



Other examples of the camouflage, with the middle one really showing how effective it can be. You can see something is there, but it's extremely difficult to tell what it is exactly. Here is a link to explain the theory behind it.





No comments:

Post a Comment